A power-supply pack, door-strike, and optional rechargeable battery are NOT included.
The system is comprised of an electronic door-strike controller, a key reader interface, and a pair of factory-guaranteed world-unique electronic keys with key-ring holders (known as iButton). Additional keys and/or extra key reader(s) (to be connected in parallel) can be ordered.
An optional 9V rechargeable battery can be installed internally and kept fully charged at all times. This will allow several operations of the door-strike even during blackouts (so you don't get stuck outside waiting for the power to come back on).
To complete installation, you will need to add any external power supply 9-12VDC (not included), and any regular door-strike switch (like the one in the photo) that operates at 9V. There is an input on the unit that can be connected to a push-button switch to open the door manually without the key (normally from the inside), while the key can be used from the outside.
Place the unit inside the secured area, and the key reader on the outside. The key reader can be placed many meters away from the unit using twisted pair cable or CAT5 for even longer distances. A second after any registered key comes in contact with the key reader; the door-strike is enabled for about two seconds (default time), opening the door.
Advantages of using UNiLOCK:
- Internal installation (with only the reader on the outside).
- No two keys in the world are the same.
- Keys cannot be copied.
- Unlike cards (magnetic or other), the keys are stainless steel and will withstand heavy abuse. They are virtually indestructible. They are also waterproof (e.g., you can take swimming with you).
- Same key can be used with different doors (UNiLOCK units), e.g. home and office. Reduces the amount of keys you need to carry on you.
- If a key is lost, you can just delete it from the unit. No need to replace the lock.
- Add new keys one at a time, or delete all keys and start over.
- Up to 160 registered users can gain access.
- (or, on request) Up to 128 users with sequence log (without date/time) for the 8 most recent distinct IDs.
- Non-volatile memory remembers keys even when no power or battery is connected.
- Greatly improved battery charging capability (longer battery life, more strikes per charge).
- Add optional second key reader, connected in parallel with the first, to control access from the inside, as well.
Password-protected RS-232 connection (with optional programming adapter kit for PC connection) for detailed configuration, as follows:
- Each user can be assigned a name (or tag) for easier ID management.
- View all registered users.
- View up to the eight most recent accesses by different IDs. (128-key version ONLY)
- Delete individual keys, one at a time.
- Monitor mode reads all iButton IDs, even non-registered ones.
- Adjust strike time (from instantaneous to about 26 seconds with 1/10th second resolution).
- Adjust strike idle level as either high or low.
- Adjust Pulse Width Modulation percentage from 0% (OFF) to 100% (DC-like), or any value in between (AC-like).
- Enable On/Off mode, where each registered key contact reverses the current strike status from on to off or back. Useful to control starting and stopping of practically any device using your iButton keys.
- Disable push-button, for adding users only via PC.
- Completely quiet with most regular strikes.
Note: The current version is v2 and it is readily available for ordering. The original version (v1), however, is no longer available, or manufactured. Its usage manual remains on site only for reference by existing owners of the older version.
For more information, please contact us.
Design and Development of Electronics and Software Systems